In Las Vegas, you can get married your way. You can have a regular ceremony or a themed wedding. Your Vegas wedding can be as intimate or over the top as you want it to be and you can organize it with minimal fuss by creating a wedding day checklist.
According to Richie Bernardo, Senior Writer at WalletHub "Las Vegas is the number one best place to get married." So do you want a large wedding? No Problem? Would you rather have four guests? No problem. Is this a spur of the moment wedding? No problem.
Las Vegas Wedding Chapels offers many wedding packages that will work for any wedding. We want to help you take the stress off of planning for your Las Vegas wedding. In this post, we are providing you with 59 things to add to your wedding day checklist before you say "I Do" at the altar.
59 things to add to your wedding day checklist
1 year before
- Think of questions to ask wedding venues
- Select a Vegas Wedding Venue to make sure that you have the date that you want
8 to 10 months before
- Decide who pays for what? Work on your budget
- Decide date, time, and place for ceremony and reception
- Discuss ceremony plans with the person who will officiate the wedding
- Give yourself plenty of time to order stationery for invitations, announcements, thank-you notes
- Research musicians, photographer, and caterer
- Visit Las Vegas to get a feel of the city
6 months before
- Decide if you want pre-marital counseling
- Send a "Save the Date" to your wedding party
- Pick your wedding party
- Determine the number of guests and make your invitation list
- Reserve your Vegas wedding chapel
- Select wedding attendants
- Shop for your wedding dress, accessories, and attire for bridesmaids
- Order extra invitations for last-minute invites
- Order wedding cake
- Choose wedding rings
- Arrange lodging for out-of-town guests
3 Months before
- Order your favors and reception items at the same time
- Order flowers for wedding and reception
- Confirm dates for bridal shower and decide on bachelorette party themes
- Create your honeymoon packing list
- Arrange honeymoon hotel
- Order grooms wedding attire
- Prepare wedding speeches
- Find out about the requirements for your Nevada Marriage License
2 Months Before
- Decide where you will have your rehearsal dinner
- Finalize rehearsal dinner plans
- Plan reception seating, bar, menu, decor, music
- Add total confirmed RSVPs with the number of outstanding RSVPs
- Mail invitations
- Arrange transportation for wedding party
- Select and order gifts for attendants
- Make a date with your hairdresser and makeup artist
- Find gifts for attendees, wedding party, etc.
1 month before
- Final fitting for bride, bridesmaids’ dresses
- Address announcements
- Meet with officiant to finalize the ceremony
- Arrange pre-wedding parties, luncheons, etc.
- Set an appointment with your photographer for formal bridal portrait
- Arrange name change
2-3 weeks before
- Do makeup and hair trial
- Call people who haven’t answered their invitations
- Give your caterer/venue the final guest count
- Schedule wedding rehearsals
- Arrange your wedding-day transportation
- Re-check marriage license
- Confirm arrival times for attendants
- Finalize seating arrangements, place cards, etc.
- Pick up your wedding dress and make sure everything is perfect
- Make a telephone number list of all vendors and have this on hand
- Confirm with florist delivery date, times and other rental items
1 day before the wedding
- Hand out assignment checklist and make sure everyone knows there responsibilities for the wedding
- Give rings to the best man
- Get a massage
- Rehearse ceremony
The Wedding Day
- Hair, makeup, rings
- Relax, Relate, and Release
- Be on time to your wedding
Where should I have my ceremony?
Las Vegas hotels, such as The Wedding Salons at Wynn Las Vegas offers wedding packages that include flowers, caterer, music, photography and more choices for your big day.
The best part of having your wedding in these hotels is that there are wedding coordinators to help with your arrangements from A to Z. All you have to do is correspond via email or telephone and communicate openly and easily with your wedding coordinators.
The wedding coordinators help make sure that every detail of your vision for your big day is magical and memorable.
Who is going to marry us? No worries, we have you covered. If you are looking for a Wedding Officiant that is experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated to providing exceptional Marriage Officiant services, then Wanda's Weddings is who you need to make sure that your dream wedding goes off smoothly.
So you are saying that you are on a budget. No worries there are many wedding packages to suit all budgets. You have many wedding options, including a traditional chapel, themed wedding, drive thru, Elvis weddings, and many more options.
We do suggest that you book your wedding during the off-season. You can do an online search for local vendors, casinos, and hotels to find out when they have their lowest rates for weddings.
What about my reception venue? No problem. Hotel buffets are an excellent way to feed a large group of people. You can reserve a private room and let your guests spoil themselves with some of the best foods in Las Vegas.
If this is a spontaneous wedding, then you are probably thinking about wedding rings? We have you covered. You can find numerous jewelry stores in the hotels or around the city that offer a broad range of pricing for rings and other wedding jewelry.
Are you wondering what you are going to say at the altar? No worries, Wedding Speeches4U can help you come up with an inspirational speech to help you express your feelings to your bride or groom.
Well, I want to look good for my perfect day. Again, we have you covered. You can have a glamsquad come to you. Also, most of the hotels have a spa or salon on site that can help you with your hair, makeup, manie, and pedie. What about my groom's hair? No Problem. Vegas has many of the best Barbers to get your groom's hair styled for the big wedding day.
What about my Honeymoon?
The Honeymoon. Save the best for last. As The Free Wedding puts it “Have an Amazing Wedding and Honeymoon - All in One Place." The best part of getting hitched in Vegas is that you don’t have to hop on a plane to get to your honeymoon destination. You can have your honeymoon in the "Entertainment Capital of the World," an adult playground, Las Vegas.
Vegas has a unique energy that can provide the atmosphere of a beautiful wedding and honeymoon. You can have a memorable and unique honeymoon right in many of the luxurious hotels that Vegas offers. You can have your wedding in one of the many great hotel chapels and have your honeymoon at the same location.
You can honeymoon in style with gorgeous views of Las Vegas from the most magnificent suites in the world. Beautiful views, whirlpool tubs, strawberries, champagne, rose petals all of this from the comfort of your suite. You deserve it you accomplished a great victory with all of the planning, the “I do’s” etc.
Your wedding should be a day to remember, and that’s easy to do when you decide to get married in Vegas. Getting married in Las Vegas is often based on not planning and acting on the spur of the moment. Not a lot of planning but only finding a chapel, minister to marry the happy couple.
But, if you are more of a planner The Master Wedding Guide gives a detailed account of everything that goes into creating your wedding day checklist from start to finish. Also, you'll learn how to write a wedding invitation and find some low-cost wedding ideas.
Planning a wedding is simply organizing your wedding day months in advance, which will help lessen the stress on your special day. The whole process is what makes getting married so thrilling.